Very soon, if they haven’t already, your child will probably will have tucked themselves away in their room studying hard for their exams. Most will have books and revision guides for every subject sprawled all over their desks, struggling to stay awake through the boredom. Here are seven secret ways you can help them to keep them going.
7 Secret Tips
- Study area – no matter where they study, create a suitable environment. Make sure you get rid of as many distractions as you possibly can
- Revision time – encourage your child to create a revision timetable to manage all subject areas. Include social time and breaks.
- Snacking healthy – don’t let them fall foul of the sugar rush or caffeine crash. Make sure they are eating simple food like nuts*, seeds, berries and drinking plenty of water. This can give them the lasting energy boost they need without the horrible side effects.
- Brain breaks – check that they have included breaks in their revision timetable. This will significantly reduce the risk of revision overload. The brain needs to work but it also needs to rest.
- Flash test – help them with quick quiz testing. This is a great way to get involved and test their knowledge. As a parent you play the role of quiz master and your child is in the hot seat. Make it fun!
- Rest easy – getting a good nights sleep is important. Your child will wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start a new day.
- A little a day keeps the stress away – no matter which exam comes first or last make sure they do a little of each subject each week all the way to the day of the exam.The only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.
To find out more about how you can help your child through their exams get you copy of The Path to Success.